Freelancers get employed because they are expert at something. In the case of copywriters, it’s because we’re expert business writers – for website copy, brochure content, case studies, articles or other written communication that must inform and persuade. Because we’re usually available for hire on a flexible basis, there are good business reasons to use our services:
- You can hire us on a flexible basis.
- We bring skills that you, or your team, don’t have.
- We give you writing capacity at times of change.
- We inject fresh perspective, creativity and energy to your copy.
- We provide specialist skills to help you through peaks and troughs of workload.
That’s handy. And when it comes to costs, you have plenty of flexibility too:
- Hire a freelance copywriter according to budget.
- Avoid the employment cost of a staff writer.
- Avoid employment risks.
- There’s no ongoing employment relationship.
As thousands of organisations already know, it all adds up, particularly under the challenging economic conditions prevailing in the UK as this is being written. What’s more, Not only is lots of copywriting capability available from freelancers, but some very talented writers may only be available on a freelance basis.
So what are the characteristics of a good freelance copywriter – in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire or anywhere else for that matter? In addition to being able to write fast and well, to a set tone of voice or style guideline, and to understand customer benefits, many of the key characteristics are those of any good freelancer. Read more here…